Barton Bespoke – Vacancies
We require a first-class experienced upholsterer to join our bespoke furniture manufacturing business and the growing team.
You will be responsible for upholstering high-quality bespoke furniture for both private and commercial clients.
Barton Bespoke design and make one-off bespoke furniture in partnership with our clients and are renowned for the quality of work, attention to detail and customer service.
We are now looking to recruit an organised and experienced Upholsterer on a full-time basis to join our lovely team. It’s imperative the person enjoys working to exacting standards and takes pride in the quality of their work. Applicants must have the drive to maintain the integrity of the business and work hard to produce the best for our clients.
You will be responsible for:
As an upholsterer, you will with our close-knit team, upholstering bespoke furniture such as chairs, benches, sofas, headboards, and fitted goods. Using both traditional and modern techniques.
Your job could involve any of the following:
- Fixed upholstery, traditional, modern upholstery, cushions and loose covers
- Estimating fabric quantities, advising on fabrics, preparing patterns and templates cutting out fabric and making cushions
- Working to deadlines whilst maintaining high quality.
- Planning the work and estimating costs
- Fixing webbing and springs
- Adding trimmings like piping, fringing and buttons
- Keeping your working area, and department, clean and tidy and organised in line with H&S requirements
- Working overtime if needed.
These skills are preferable:
- Proven upholstery experience
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Able to problem solve and being solutions-oriented
- Understanding of brand requirements
- Proactive and self-motivated (working independently is key)
- Be able to communicate at all levels from shop floor to management and clients.
- Potential to teach – if you have taught before or are interested in teaching upholstery. Not essential.
- Be able to work on large projects as well as small intricate pieces. Both independently and within a team.
- You must have a keen eye for detail and produce an outstanding finish.
- Sewing skills preferable.
- Someone who is happy to fit on site
- Making and cutting patterns.
- Someone who can work under pressure
- The ability to read/understand CAD and technical drawings
- Has an understanding of wooden frames
- Good knowledge of soft covers and leathers
- Safety awareness
- Previous references on application
- Trial on the same day as the interview may be required and photographic examples of your work showing the range of your experience
- Full-time availability required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year